Booking a Nikah
We recommend that Nikah is booked at least three weeks prior to the planned date. Please be aware that the summer months are a busy time for Nikah ceremonies so please book well in advance to secure your preferred date.
To book Nikah please contact: Imtiaz Dassu 07801 256 259 or Iqbal Suleman 07803 616116
Please download and complete the Nikah Form and complete prior to contacting us.
- Bride and Bridegroom’s birth certificates and passports
- If names have changed the original copy of the Deed Poll document
- If previously divorced the original copy of the ‘Decree Absolute’ or Islamic/Sharia ‘Talak’ document
- If widowed a copy of the former spouses death certificate
- Original copy of the Civil Marriage Certificate
- Nikah fee of £100 with your completed application form and relevant documentation
- The bride or groom must reside in Leicester/Leicestershire
- The Nikah will be solemnised by one of the two Imaams available on the day, we cannot guarantee a specific Imaam on the day
- If you reside outside of Leicester/Leicestershire area please contact your local Masjid to arrange Nikah. Masjid Umar primarily provides Nikah services for the local Muslim community within Leicester and Leicestershire
- The Nikah Organisers reserve the right to refuse Nikah without reason on behalf of Masjid Umar. Ensure you follow procedures carefully and provide accurate information
- This pious act must be with the approval of parents and/or next of kin.